Holiday baking has commenced and it is delicious. My favorite cookies are considered holiday cookies and although I can make them year round it just doesn’t seem right. I reserve the baking of these glorious nuggets for one time of year and that time is here.
This is a family recipe that was passed down to me and that I now pass down to you. Please enjoy and may all your holiday baking be wonderful!
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2-3 ripe bananas
1 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
3/4-1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
2. Soften butter in medium size bowl for about 30-40 seconds but do not melt all the way.
3. Cream sugar and egg with softened butter.
4. Mash bananas but do not use an electric mixer as they need a thicker consistency.
5. Add mashed bananas to butter sugar mix.
6. Add about a 1/4 cup at a time of the liquid mixer to the dry ingredients mix.
7. Stir together.
8. Stir in oats about 1/4 cup at a time.
9. Add chocolate chips
10. Scoop large spoonfuls of mixture onto a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate mixture for two hours or place in freezer for 30 minutes.
11. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
12. Take cookie sheet out and remove plastic. Bake in oven for 13-15 minutes.
13. Remove tray from oven and promptly remove cookies from cookie sheet allowing them to cool.
14. Bask in the glory of how fantastic these cookie are and hide a couple for safekeeping.